Mr. John Baldwin, having educated himself by working as a janitor and by chopping wood, made education his mission. He founded the Baldwin Institute in New York in 1845 and the Baldwin High School in 1982. The Baldwin School for girls was established in 1903 and continues to provide quality education to girls in Bangalore. By the year 1990 the need was felt for good post-schooling education for women and the PUC section started. This was expanded with the addition of the degree section in 1995.
The Baldwin Women's Methodist College in managed by the Methodist Church in India, the Chairman of the Board of Governors is the Bishop of the South India Regional Conference.
The Pre-University Course approved by the Karnataka Government comes directly under Education Board of Karnataka State. The Pre-University affiliation no: ED120 SJHH 91 Bangalore, Dated 08-08-1991.
The Degree section is affiliated to the Bangalore University and recognized by Government of Karnataka.
OUR VISION To be centre for Academic Excellence & Holistic Development
OUR MISSION To empower young women with excellent education & integrated character formation to impact the family, community & the nation.